Zoe and Wash, while deeply forever ridiculously in love, are not drift compatible.
Zoe and Mal are drift compatible.
Kaylee and Wash are drift compatible, and they have the best piloted, sweetest running jaeger ever been seen in the ‘verse - the best piloted, sweetest running jaeger ever to run away from a kaiju.
(also, the sudden thought of River Tam in a jaeger is rutting terrifying)
She hung from the ceiling, a perfect, motionless sculpture of a girl in the process of becoming a fruitbat. Simon glanced up at her periodically, both checking that she was still present, and reassuring himself that the grind of the machines overhead would keep her from hearing what he had to say. It wasn’t that he was keeping secrets from her; River knew everything about her condition, sometimes more than he did. It was that she didn’t like being talked about, and he respected that.
"They weren’t trying to unlock psychic powers or anything like that, no matter what the rumors say," he said, his voice shaking slightly. Kaylee shifted her weight from foot to foot, disturbed by that tremor in his words. Simon Tam was the best K-scientist she’d ever worked with. For him to sound scared…
"Those people, those monsters…" Simon paused to take a deep breath, relaxing a little at the taste of oil on his tongue. Enough time spent with Kaylee had turned grime into perfume. "They were trying to set up a neural bridge inside a single mind. They wanted to do away with the need for drift compatibility, and privatize the Pilots. Imagine being able to market Jaegers for domestic and commercial use, because you only needed one Pilot, and that Pilot was so doped and dependent that they could never leave you."
"That’s horrific," whispered Kaylee. "They…they messed up her brain tryin’ to do something as can’t be done?"
"Oh, it can be done," said Simon grimly. "They succeeded.
"My sister is in constant Drift with herself."
YOU GET ME THE BEST PRESENTS <333
I hate that moment between “I will write fic to amuse a person” and that person responding because WHAT IF I WROTE IT WRONG.
(Shout out to dangruchy for making these sweet ass graphics.)
Good hello, everyone! Apparently four thousand of you decided that I am cool enough to follow. Since I think all of you are hella cool as well, I would like to give you something in return.
First prize: One (1) shirt of your choice from the Rooster Teeth store.
Second prize: One (1) poster of your choice from the Rooster Teeth store.
Third prize: One (1) set of buttons OR set of slap bands of your choice from the Rooster Teeth store.
1. You must be following me on this blog. This is a follower giveaway, after all!
2. No giveaway side blogs will be accepted.
3. Everyone gets one (1) reblog and one (1) like for an entry. Save your spamming for another day.
That’s just about it! Since RT ships internationally, this is open to everyone. I just want to thank everyone again for their support.
MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOUR.
I forgot to add that this giveaway ends one month from today on August 25th. This may be adjusted if I deem it necessary.
I've learned everything! And I had to learn it on my own.
The moment you realize that Ozai banishing his eldest son was the best thing he could have done for him.
Today I developed a newfound appreciation for the elliptical
Hello! My baby!
Hello! My honey!
Hello! My ragtime gOOD LORD HOLY FUCKING SHIT
Oh my god
this is the most accurate representation of working in 3D I have ever seen
- fandom please I implore you all to talk about Dean Thomas more
- literally yelling for a red card during a Quidditch match
- painting a potter for president banner for his friend HOW CUTE
- offering to forge a signature so that same friend could go to the village with the rest of them
- actually he paints banners supporting Harry on two separate occasions four years apart
- is it weirder that he keeps doing that or that Harry keeps getting himself into situations where he requires banners
- good with a quill be still my beating heart the boy is an artist
- literally not giving a single fuck that their teacher was a “dangerous half-breed” because he respected the hell out of him as a person and educator
- IF YOU MEAN PROFESSOR LUPIN, HE WAS THE BEST WE EVER -
- and he grew up as a muggle so he had already been exposed to werewolf folklore and he had every excuse to be afraid or prejudiced and instead decided to judge him on a human level, even without the familiarity the trio etc. had to him
- standing up for that same teacher time and time again
- including to a ministry official who he just generally gave the sass to anyway
- never losing his faith in Harry even when his very best friend in the whole world and approximately 89% of the wizarding community basically thought the bloke was a nutjob
- convincing his best mate to join DA
there was a fair bit of an anti-dean sentiment in HBP best to ignore that then
- never having any animosity towards his friend for getting together with his ex-girlfriend so soon
- completely supporting and defending Harry while on the run because OBVIOUSLY why stop now after seven years of doing literally that at every single opportunity
- being completely bemused by but always kind towards Luna
- helping to dig the grave on the beach
- running out into the final battle without a fucking wand
- evidently winning one at some point
- everything to do with him and Seamus however you want to view their relationship but frankly I could do a whole other post on that
also I met Alfie once and he was so pretty
- dEAN THOMAS